For over three years Bowerbird has stood under the banner of "experimental" and championed the multitude of perspectives that umbrella encompasses. OVER-NITE SENSATION offers a unique opportunity, for the seasoned and the uninitiated alike, to sample a broad array of artistic inclinations, all in one night. Artists from Philadelphia and far beyond will beguile the audience with free jazz, electro-acoustic improvisation, free improv, inter-media video and sound works, dance, euphoric drones, and psychedelic compositions.
1. Damon Smith - solo bass; not jazz, not not jazz; west coast style, maybe a bit upside down.
2. Phill Sheldon - unresolved investigations at the edge of Fluxus, not a little bit Yoko Ono.
3. Ian Fraser - electronic array I: analog electronic circuits, laptop, tapes, radio, etc.
4. Mike Szekely (drums), Matt Engle (bass),
Matt Mitchell (keyboards/electronics);
Jack Wright (saxophones) - also not jazz, not not jazz.
5. Travis Woodson - solo guitar;
6. Scott Allison - electronic array II: analog electronic circuits, laptop, tapes, radio, etc.
(order subject to change and further obfuscation)
Important notes: Note 9pm start time. Set durations will be generally between 10 - 15 minutes, making for a quicker, but not exhausting parade of performances. Quig's Pub, the Plays and Players on-premise speakeasy, will be offering adult beverages and other libations throughout the night. Revelry will abound.